White Rabbit Milk Syrup
The Sauce on the Sauce
Growing up in Hawaii these candies were the treats at the bottom of our maternal figure's bags (Kapuna's version of Werther's original), the candy we got in our Li Xi for Chinese New Year, or the way a lot of us lost our baby teeth. We ran a bunch of tests to try and emulate that flavor into a syrup to pair with our Matcha White Choco Chip Mochi Pancake and Rabbit Funfetti. Something that would be as close to the Boot's n Kimo's Mac Nut Sauce as we could get. This is our humble attempt at making something on that god-tier level sauce.
|White Rabbit Candy||15pc|
Heavy Whipping Cream or HWC Substitute
|Condensed Milk||1 can|
365 Brand Vanilla Extract
- Saucepan 1.5 qt.
- A good, sturdy, tried and true saucepan with a wider base.
- Rubbermaid High Heat Silicone Spatula
- Kitchen essential, we don't recommend buying anything but commercial grade for this.
- Waring Countertop Commercial Induction Heater
- If you don't have an induction heater, you definitely need one. No gas, and perfect Nabe night (Hot-pot night).
- Amazon Stainless Steel Whisk 14"
- Sturdy and reasonably priced.
- Add White Rabbit Candy to your saucepan with heavy cream and heat on low
- Use your spatula to stir and scrape bottom of the pan
- Do this to prevent burning, remove from heat if mixture becomes too hot.
- When candy is melted, add condensed milk, vanilla, and stir everything together.
- Remove mixture from heat and refrigerate.
- Ice bath if you are in a rush.
- When mixture is cold to the touch, hit your mixture with a whisk, hand-mixer, or Immersion blender to give it some volume.
- Pour onto acquired target and mop the plate.
- Put into an air-tight container for later use
- If you are comfortable with tempering, temper an egg yolk into this sauce to give it more of a "custardy" flavor.
- Before step 3, mix an egg yolk together with the condensed milk.
- whisk thoroughly and add the heated candy and heavy whip mixture gradually while whisking.
- When mixture is fully incorporated, place back onto heat, and continue to follow the next steps.
- Personally, I feel like induction heaters are much more forgiving for sauces and tempering since they are a little more gentle. In my experience a lot of fine dining will have one just for these applications. Just always remember that the pots you need to use need to be CAST IRON, IRON, or a FERROUS STAINLESS STEEL.
- If you are going to use for a later date, the original white rabbit milk syrup should last for a couple weeks if cooled correctly, and put into a sterile mason jar.
- To sterilize mason jars, boil in water for a minute to kill most of the microorganisms.
- For adults, add in a splash of Whiskey, Kahlua, Cognac, Bailey's or any other liquor that would compliment.
- Also amazing on Fruits and Berries!
- In the main photo if you noticed, we added powdered sugar, but it should be good as is. If you live the sweet life, add as needed! Boba Team needed more taste.
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published