Aloha and Welcome to Manoa Bake Co's first official blog post. We will be updating this page regularly with recipes and fun things to do with our product offerings.
We gave our Original Mochi Baking Mix to each of our team members to see what their ohana and selves would do. This recipe comes from our very own Biridiana.
Cinnamon Swirl Batter
To start we are going to need the following:
Manoa Bake Co. Mochi Baking Mix
|Cinnamon or Spice Blend of choice||10g|
|Milk, Water, or Milk Alternative||20g|
The process for getting everything together is very simple and only requires a bowl and something to stir.
- Using a whisk or fork mix all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Making sure that everything is evenly distributed.
- Add in your liquid
- Mix everything until fully incorporated
- Add to a piping bag, and put on the side
Pro Tip: Hold on to that Whisk!
When mixing the pancake batter for the base of the cinnamon swirl pancakes, use the used whisk with cinnamon swirl batter stuck to it to add a little more spice throughout the pancake.
Let's Get Cooking
- Heat up your skillet and start cooking your batter. As the pancake starts to cook start piping your cinnamon swirl batter onto the pancakes. This may take some practice, but we should learn to be accepting of all pancakes.
- Give it a flip once the bottom of the pancake is browned to your liking.
- Finish the other side, stack, and serve.
- Oh and don't forget the bacon and eggs!
Pro Tip: Get a Flat Top
Trust us, a flat top (Teppan) will make your life 1000x easier. If you ask kitchen people like us, usually our dream houses have a flat top installed in them.
Stack your pancakes, plate your fixings, and enjoy. This recipe also works for Waffles.