3-Ingredient Ube Mochi Pancakes
Back in Hawai'i whenever a friend would come visit, there would most likely be a stop by Yogurstory to try their Ube Pancakes (Image below for referrence). They were arguably the first place to offer the vibrant purple yams in this fashion. This recipe is an ode to that experience from back home. Sadly, we don't have a great recipe to mimic the Ube halaya syrup they have, but we are working on it (I asked the owner a while back, but aunty keeps that secret locked tight).
- Stainless Steel Bowl
- Amazon Stainless Steel Whisk 14"
- Escali P115C Kitchen Scale
- Whether you are a novice or professional baker, precision is always necessary.
- Zojirushi Electric Flat Top Griddle
- If you don't have one, a non stick frypan will work just as well.
Understanding how difficult it may be to get access to ingredients, we made this recipe as simple as possible with easily accessible ingredients. If you can't get to your local asian grocery store, these items are readily available on Amazon.
|Manoa Original Mochi Baking Mix||
McCormick Ube Extract
Fil-Choice Dried Ube Powder
|Water||360||1 1/2 Cup|
- Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Use a whisk to mix all ingredients until smooth.
- Let rest and heat a non-stick pan or griddle to medium high heat.
- Once pan is heated scoop desired amount onto pan and cook until golden brown.
- Plate stacked up and enjoy.
- Use a non stick pan without any oil or grease for a smoother crust.
- Similar to Japanese Dorayaki, excess grease and lubrication will lead to a different surface.
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published